Happy New Year! The start of the year is the perfect time for self-reflection and to set intentions. In today’s episode I’m sharing insights and journal prompts to help you set your intentions for your health in the New Year.
Instead of just setting a resolution, which are known to fizzle out quickly, I want to guide you to transform your health now and into the future and increase your longevity. Longevity means living many more years in a healthy state where you can enjoy doing what you love and with the people you love.
To do that, we need to be strategic and efficient. It’s not about taking the least expensive vitamins you can find. It’s about prioritizing your health, getting tests that provide the information you need to make informed decisions, and working with a practitioner who has the experience to guide you.
That’s why I created How Humans Heal – to both give you hope that healing is possible and to give you the resources to do that healing work.
New Year, New You: Healing is Possible
I am here to help you improve your health. Whether you are working on balancing hormones, fertility and pregnancy or preventing miscarriages; or if you are wanting to know what you can do to help with peri-menopausal symptoms and the changes in your body this brings. Some of you could be experiencing anxiety and depression, or migraines or digestive issues, and may have an MTHFR gene variation. And some of you listening may have found out that you have HPV and abnormal pap smears, or risk of cervical cancer, and you are coming to listen to learn how to become resilient to HPV.
You are in the right place! I am here to tell you it is possible to recover from traumatic experiences, to rebalance hormones, address digestion issues, rebalance nutrients, and neurotransmitters, and even to reset genetic expression. You don’t have to be stuck with anxiety or depression or fatigue and migraines for example. You can take action today to help decrease the symptoms, decrease the need for medications and actually help yourself get to a point of feeling amazing. Our bodies are ready to heal when we give them the right support to do so.
These are the topics I like to cover because I have found many medical practitioners do not cover these issues and so many people feel alone trying to figure out how to heal, feel good and enjoy life for the years to come.
Ready to Set Intentions for the New Year?
Knowing that healing is possible, I’d like to give you some journal prompts for you to use to set your intentions for 2023. These questions will help you to know where you are starting from and where you’d like to go. With clear intentions, we are way more likely to get where we are trying to go. I like to use my SelfC.A.R.E. Notebook and hand write my thoughts.
It’s important to be gentle with yourself as you answer these questions. Remember, it’s not about perfection or being hard on yourself because that is only going to slow you down. Have compassion for what you’ve been through and know that you can get on the path to better health even by introducing small changes to your daily routine.
- What are your intentions for your health in the new year? And what are you willing to do to make that happen? If we want to see something different in our health, whether you want to have more energy, better sleep, better mood or feel better in general, then we are going to need to make some changes. The key is to do it in a way that doesn’t cause overwhelm or stress us more.
- What have you been doing to help yourself recover from stress and trauma? Each day we have an opportunity to think about what we’ve been doing that has worked, what hasn’t worked and what can we do differently to get us where we want to be. It’s about saying “I am human, I went through the experiences I went through, and now let me see what I can do differently each day to help my body recover and heal.”
- How is your SelfC.A.R.E. routine (Clean eating, Adequate sleep, Recovery activities and Exercise)? Here you can start by writing about what you’ve been eating in the last couple of months for example, and have you been getting enough sleep, have you been doing activities outside of your responsibilities that you love, and have you engaged in some sort of physical activity recently?
Beyond Intentions: Next steps
Now that you have clarity about where you’re starting and where you may need to support, I find the best step to take is to establish and fine-tune your SelfC.A.R.E. routine and start taking essential nutrients, so you have a foundation for any other healing protocols you choose to implement. This is why I created the 7-Day SelfC.A.R.E. Stress Reset.
My goal with the 7-Day SelfC.A.R.E. Stress Reset is to help you to make small adjustments to your daily routine, knowing that small steps lead to major shifts. I want you to have the resources you need in order to get the ball rolling, so to speak, on your health recovery journey.
Another initial step is to start taking a multivitamin supplement daily. Even if you have the healthiest diet, you are likely low in certain nutrients. But if you’re going to take a supplement, it’s important to choose a high-quality product containing the active form of the nutrients, like B Vitamins for example, so your body can actually use them.
Many patients find Daily Foundation Support packets to be an efficient way to make sure you are getting what you need. They include a multi, omega 3 (fish oil), vitamin D, magnesium and a probiotic all in convenient am and pm packs. You can find them here:
Daily Foundation Support, 30 packets
Dr. Doni’s Daily Foundation Support provides 30 days of supplementation in convenient, once-a-day packets. The 2 daily packets provide the daily dose of five foundational health formulas.
If you want to understand your specific nutrient needs and next steps in your recovery process, you can order from my website a Food Sensitivity Panel and Cortisol/Neurotransmitter Panel. With this information, I can guide you better on what you can do to start feeling better right away, whether it’s getting your neurotransmitters back on track or healing leaky gut for example.
If you want to go deep and learn more about recovery from burnout and trauma, and how to implement SelfC.A.R.E. individualized to you, be sure to read or listen to my book: Master Your Stress Reset Your Health.
Please let me know if there are other topics that you would like for me to cover, or reach out if you have questions. You can email my office so I know how can be of better service for you.
You can also reach out to me to set up a one-on-one appointment if you prefer.
We’re here to help you! Happy New Year!
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.