Autoimmune conditions are more common than ever, and the number of conditions caused by autoimmunity is increasing. From rheumatoid arthritis, to lupus and psoriasis, to Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, autoimmunity is one of the most common health issues I help with in my practice. And what I’m aiming to prevent in my own health.
The perspective I take is: by figuring out what triggered autoimmunity to turn on in your case, we can then address that trigger and get the autoimmunity to turn off again.
The most common trigger for autoimmunity is stress, of one form or another. Stress can be emotional or physical, toxin exposure or a viral infection, or all of the above. To solve autoimmunity, we need to understand how stress has affected your health, then we can take steps to support your body to heal.
We need to test for food sensitivities and leaky gut, imbalanced gut bacteria or microbiome, cortisol and adrenaline levels that are not optimal, Epstein Barr (EBV) activation, mold toxicity, and more. Once we have that information, I guide you to address what we found with a strategic, step-by-step protocol.
In this episode I talk about:
- What is autoimmunity
- Common autoimmune conditions
- Causes of autoimmunity
- What is molecular mimicry
- What turns on a genetic predisposition to autoimmunity
- How stress and toxin exposure are related to autoimmunity
- Tests to help understand underlying causes
- How addressing underlying causes can turn off autoimmunity
- What I’ve seen help reverse autoimmunity in patients
Listen in to get a better understanding of how we can address autoimmunity, either alongside medications or in order to prevent the need for immuno-suppressive medications. I’m also covering the topic of autoimmunity and how to reverse it in my blog at DoctorDoni.com. Please reach out if you have questions about how I can help you.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
Books and Resources:
- Stress Warrior Book (FREE)
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day Stress Reset (FREE)
- HPV & Cervical Dysplasia Guide (FREE)
- If you’d like to meet with Dr. Doni one-on-one for your health, request a Health Breakthrough Session: https://doctordoni.com/breakthrough
- To get an idea of more comprehensive options, read about Dr. Doni’s Signature Consultation Programs: https://doctordoni.com/services