Pilates is a method of conditioning the body, mind, and spirit. It has made such a difference for me so I wanted to share it with all of you! What better way to do that than to talk with my favorite Pilates instructor, Vivian Piccone Jung [@authenticmethodpilates].
In this episode, Vivian and I cover Pilates in depth including:
- What attracted Vivian to become a Pilates instructor
- What are the differences in Pilates training programs
- Who was Joseph Pilates and how he developed Pilates
- The benefits of Pilates
- Potential contraindications and considerations
Vivian recommends being aware and careful when you choose a Pilates class to be sure you get the most benefit.
What I’ve experienced is that professional Pilates instructors take their work extremely seriously, continue to participate in trainings on a regular basis, and modify and plan exercises for each individual.
It is all about transforming your body, most often using the equipment Joseph Pilates developed. And at the same time, listening to your body so as not to overdo it.
NOTE: Watch the videos at the end of this episode where Vivian shares examples of how the equipment is used.
Or you can listen to the audio here and in your favorite pod app:
Take a class with Vivian:
Vivian offers in-person classes in Manhattan and Port Jefferson, New York, as well as online classes, including her 15-day Jump Start. Find out about it here: https://authenticmethodpilates.com/15-day-jump-start-program/
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.