Do you struggle with anxiety, fatigue and/or overwhelm as a parent?
I interviewed Shelley Kemmerer PA-C of @runtellmom in this episode of How Humans Heal. We talked about all the pressure parents experience and what is needed to help parents keep up.
Shelley is a parent and physician’s assistant who realized from her own experience that parents need help to prevent burnout. It’s a lot to keep up with working, taking care of responsibilities at home, taking care of children, and finding time for ourselves, as parents. And this is not something offered in a usual doctor’s office.
So Shelley created RunTellMom where she offers a wide range of parental wellness resources, including help after having a baby, returning to work, getting enough sleep, and finding other parents to connect with, to name a few.
She also collaborates with like-minded practitioners in complementary and related fields with a vision of providing support for parental wellness that benefits all parents!
In this episode we talk about:
- How to know if you are on the brink of experiencing parental burnout
- What is the impact of prolonged stress on our bodies
- Why it’s often hard to ask for help and to feel isolated
- Steps parents can take to prevent burnout
- How Shelley helps parents address burnout
It’s not about being a superhero and powering through. It’s about planning ahead, making sure you have the support you need as a parent, and stepping back when you do feel overwhelmed to figure out what needs to be addressed.
I encourage you to make sure you prioritize your health while parenting your child or children. If you are overwhelmed, frustrated or at your wits end, I’m here to help too. We can do testing to understand how stress has affected your body, hormones, and neurotransmitters and determine what is needed to help you recover.
Parents are human too! Listen in to the conversation I had with Shelley to find out more how to parent in a way that doesn’t have to involve burnout.
Connect with Shelley:
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
Books and Resources:
- Stress Warrior Book (FREE)
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day Stress Reset (FREE)
- HPV & Cervical Dysplasia Guide (FREE)