Today, I have the great pleasure of interviewing Drs. Joy and Roy Martina about their approach to weight loss in their new book Sleep your Fat Away: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight Effortlessly, which is celebrating its official launch on Tuesday April 21st, 2015.
Drs. JOY AND ROY MARTINA are amongst the world’s leaders in helping people get back into their power. Between them, they have published over 70 books (translated into more than 10 languages) and have trained hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Their passion for natural approaches to health, longevity and fitness has led them to write their book Sleep Your Fat Away.
Many of you have asked me what to do when weight loss isn’t coming easily, or when you find yourself coming back to old patterns that stop you from your achieving your weight loss goal. So in this interview I asked Joy and Roy about top tips for tackling self-sabotage, starting with an understanding of the connection between our minds and weight loss.
**Interview with Drs. Joy and Roy Martina**
DR. DONI: What connections have you noticed between the mind and weight?
JOY and ROY We need to make a distinction between the conscious and subconscious mind. The conscious mind might be very willing to embrace the idea of weight loss, diets etc – but the subconscious mind hates change, serves as the great database of everything that happens to us in life and is very often full of sabotage and blocks – especially when it comes to weight loss – as it connects this to deprivation, struggle and suffering. So in SYFA we focus on getting all parts of the mind aligned with the clients’ weight loss goals.
DR. DONI: What are your top tips for tackling self-sabotage?
JOY and ROY: Step 1 is becoming aware of it (that in itself can already be a game changer as many don’t even realize they are subconsciously sabotaging themselves).
Step 2 is to commit to apply one (or all) of the techniques we offer, such as:
- Listening to our brain training audios as often as possible (subliminal and as a guided meditation)
- Applying the techniques such as the Emotional Balance Technique. Here’s a video example of the Stress Point technique
- Tapping whenever emotions or self-sabotage are triggered. Here’s a video of that
DR. DONI: How can someone use visualization to help with weight loss?
JOY and ROY: We encourage our clients to keep anchoring themselves on their desired outcome (their ideal weight), especially before going to sleep at night as this is a powerful way of training the subconscious mind; the information is taken into our dreams and together with the sleep programming we then even dream about being slim…
***END OF INTERVIEW**
I hope you enjoyed this brief interview with co-authors Drs. Joy and Roy Martina. I too have found that visualization and increasing awareness of the mind-body connections help with weight loss – both personally and for patients. I’d love to hear if you’ve tried these techniques and if they have helped you. Please share your comments below.
If you would like to learn more about things you can do to support weight loss, you may want to listen in to the telesummit Drs. Joy and Roy are hosting THIS WEEK. I am really excited to be a guest panelist on their FREE 3-Day Telesummit:
“Busting the MYTHS about Weight Loss”
Here is Joy and Roy’s line up of guest panelists (in order of appearance):
- DRs. JOY and ROY MARTINA – #1 Holistic Thought Leaders, authors of Sleep Your Fat Away
- LYNN SERAFINN – Marketing strategist for authors & ethical entrepreneurs, bestselling author (and someone who has recently lost 70 pounds herself)
- DR. ELLEN W. CUTLER – chiropractor, author, natural healing expert, creator of BioSET
- LORI SHEMEK, PhD – bestselling author, international leader in health and weight loss
- DOREEN POLIZZI – Health, wellness and lifestyle coach
- DR. DONI WILSON, N.D. – Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, nutritionist, midwife, bestselling author
- AMBER ROMANIUK – holistic nutritionist, speaker, healthy eating expert
- MATTHEW B. JAMES, Ph.D, – Doctor of Psychology, NLP master trainer, author of The Foundation of Huna
- ERAM SAEED – Producer of “From Heartache to Joy”; founder of Journey to Joy Foundation
- MAL DUANE – life recovery coach; transformational guide for women, bestselling author of Alpha Chick
- ADAM HILL – Triathlete; Ironman triathlon All World Athlete
THEN, when you buy Sleep your Fat Away: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight Effortlessly during its official Amazon launch on April 21st, you’ll receive dozens of free gifts from Joy and Roy, and their friends and colleagues. You can CLICK HERE to find out more about the book, and these free gifts.
Drs. Joy and Roy are being interviewed by several more panelists this week, so if you’d like to catch more of them, here are dates and blogs where you can find the interviews:
MONDAY April 13th: Tina Games’ Moonlight Musings’ blog at http://moonligtmusepress.com/blog/, where they will discuss how emotions affect our eating patterns and how to maintain a healthy weight.
TUESDAY APRIL 14th: Callie Carlings’ “Cancer Goddess” blog at http://www.cancergoddess.co.uk/ where they will talk about emotional eating disorders and the effects of yo-yo dieting.
WEDNESDAY APRIL 15th: Lynn Serafinn’s Spirit Authors blog at http://spiritauthors.com, where they’ll be talking about the challenges of writing a book on wellness, the experience of working with a publisher and what it’s like to write a book with your spouse!
THURSDAY APRIL 16th: Krystalya Marie’s Empowered Spirit blog at http://EmpoweredSpirit.com, where they will discuss childhood obesity and how we can keep weight off permanently.
Thanks for reading! Please share your comments and thoughts below. I love reading your feedback.