Cortisol is our main stress hormone made by the adrenal glands. It is a normal hormone we need every day, and when we are stressed, cortisol output changes to signal throughout our body to respond to that stress.
When we are exposed to ongoing stresses – from trauma, to toxins, to lack of sleep – which is going to happen to us as humans, our cortisol levels can get stuck at a higher or lower level. That’s what I call getting stuck in “stress mode.”
Instead of trying to escape stress, I encourage you to embrace it! Embrace that we are going to be exposed to stress and that our bodies are going to respond.
Then the question becomes – how is your cortisol responding? We tend to assume that our cortisol is too high, but that is actually not always the case. It is also possible that your cortisol is too high at certain times of day, and too low at other times of day.
And then we also need to consider adrenaline, which also responds to stress, because it can become too high or too low.
The way your body responds to stress is unique to you. The best way to know what your cortisol and adrenaline are up to at this point in your life is to test the levels.
Then we can help get your cortisol back to optimal levels using natural approaches – such as dietary changes, nutrients, herbs, and stress recovery activities. We are actually supporting your adrenal glands to heal and recover from stress so that they can make the right amount of cortisol and adrenaline again, without relying on an outside source.
In this episode I talk about:
- How to know if you are stuck in stress mode
- How to best test your cortisol and adrenaline levels
- How cortisol affects all other areas of your body and health
- How optimizing cortisol levels is essential for healing
- How the treatment for high cortisol is different than for low cortisol
- How focusing on helping your cortisol come back to optimal is a better strategy
- How I’ve figured out how to most efficiently and effectively heal adrenal distress
I want you to feel empowered about your body and your health. I believe that is possible when you learn and understand what is happening inside your body and how it responds to stress. Then you can make choices for yourself about how you’d like to help your body recover from and become resilient to stress.
Instead of taking over for your adrenals, or ignoring them, it’s time to find out what they need and provide it
You’re not going to receive this type of information from your standard medical visit. And yet, in my opinion, it is the most important information for your health now and into the future.
Listen in to this episode as a starting place and sign up to hear from me as soon as my newest book is available.
In the new book – Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health – I teach you how to know your stress pattern, how to get out of stress mode, and how to become resilient to stress, for good. Sign up here: https://doctordoni.com/master.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.