In this episode, we’ll be discussing metabolism – the essential process our bodies do to turn our food into energy.
That’s the energy we use to wake up in the morning, get through our day, create art, play music, dance, and enjoy our loved ones.
In our busy lives, it is easy to take metabolism for granted. It’s just what our bodies do.
If you start to notice weight gain, fatigue, brain fog, or if you are diagnosed with diabetes, cancer, high cholesterol, fatty liver, and/or cognitive decline, it is likely your metabolism is struggling.
Listen in to this episode where I talk about what bogs down the metabolism, including:
- Environmental toxins
- Imbalanced gut bacteria
- Inflammatory foods
- Sugar and a high carb diet
- Leaky gut
- High cortisol
What helps improve metabolism?
- Eat less sugar
- Include protein in every meal
- Eat smaller meals
- Stress reducing activities
- Choose organic food and toxin-free products
- AND…one of the best examples of eating to improve metabolism is the Mediterranean Diet.
Research shows that the Mediterranean Diet can decrease inflammation and improve blood sugar levels. It comes down to choosing real, whole foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, and fish or poultry.
I hope you’ll join me in this episode recorded while I was visiting the Mediterranean region of the world. I share about my favorite discoveries and meals.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Stress Warrior Book (FREE)
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day Stress Reset (FREE)
- HPV & Cervical Dysplasia Guide (FREE)
- If you’d like to meet with Dr. Doni one-on-one for your health, request a Health Breakthrough Session: https://doctordoni.com/breakthrough
- To get an idea of more comprehensive options, read about Dr. Doni’s Signature Consultation Programs: https://doctordoni.com/services