I’d like to help you stay well, so I’m going to share with you what I do to prevent catching the flu virus.
Wash your hands
- When you’ve been to the gym, the grocery store, and anywhere else where you might touch something that someone else touched.
- Before you touch your nose, mouth, or food.
- You can use a natural hand soap, organic and without chemicals.
Avoid sugar and alcohol
- Both sugar and alcohol lower your immune response.
- After even a teaspoon of sugar, your immune system is down for at least 8 hours.
Get plenty of rest
- The bodies’ natural recovery period occurs while you sleep.
- Lack of sleep is known to lower immune function.
- It is best to aim for 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
Take products* that will boost your immune response
- Triple Flu Defense contains the same ingredients as Oscillo, plus more homeopathic remedies—and is re-formulated each year.
- Vitamin C, 500 mg, four times per day
- Zinc, 15 mg, twice per day
- Or use a combination product like EHB that has everything you need in one bottle
- Shitake and Reishi mushrooms, 1-2 times per day
- Herbs, such as those in Genoma Security, 1-2 per day
I created a few Natural Medicine Cabinet packages so you can get what you need with a discount. Check them out here.
Stay well! And if you catch a virus, be sure to use my tips for conquering the common cold—the tips work for the flu too!
*Please keep in mind that any and all supplements—nutrients, herbs, enzymes, or other—should be used with caution. My recommendation is that you seek the care of a naturopathic doctor (with a doctorate degree from a federally-accredited program) and that you have a primary care physician or practitioner whom you can contact to help you with individual dosing and protocols. If you ever experience negative symptoms after taking a product, stop taking it immediately and contact your doctor right away.