Yes, balancing blood sugar levels (click here for my tips) and keeping sugar to a minimum are important for optimal health.
And…when your blood sugar levels are balanced, it is easier for your body to recover from a little Valentine’s Day treat!
A couple of my tricks are to eat only a bite or two at a time, and to drink green tea with my treat. Green tea stabilizes blood sugar levels and helps insulin to work more efficiently.
A few recommendations for your GF/DF sweet tooth!
- Purely Elizabeth baking mixes. I LOVED the chocolate muffins!
- The Grainless Baker Ella thinks their cupcakes are THE best!I found both of these products at Cornucopia in Sayville, NY
- A patient excitedly recommends: Babycakes Cookbook! I just ordered it. : )
- Special Valentine’s treat from Silvana: GF Red Velvet Black & White Cookies.
- Thischickbakes.com Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Pecan Chunk cookies (I find them at Tiger Lily in Port Jefferson) are delicious!