Dr. Doni’s Adrenal Recovery and Wellness Program is for you if you are suffering from one or more symptoms related to adrenal distress and cortisol imbalance (see below). This program is designed not only to help you recover from adrenal distress, but to STAY healthier and more resilient in the long term.
Dr. Doni has been helping people recover from adrenal issues for over 20 years. She’s developed a proven system to specifically address the effects of stress, including leaky gut, hormone and neurotransmitter imbalances, as well as immune system issues and infections.
She has written several books on the topic of stress recovery and trains practitioners to implement her approach. Dr. Doni knows what works and will show you exactly what to do.
What are the adrenal glands?
The adrenal glands are endocrine glands about two inches in length that sit just above the kidneys. These glands produce our main stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline, along with other hormones. Cortisol and adrenaline play crucial roles in your metabolism, sleep patterns, mood, energy, immunity, and overall wellness. That’s because they are your body’s main “stress responders” and are triggered whenever you experience any kind of stress, whether physical (illness, infection, injury, allergens, toxins, etc.) or emotional.
What is “adrenal distress?”
Adrenal distress is a condition that arises when your body is exposed to more stress than it can handle and your cortisol and/or adrenaline levels become imbalanced. Trying to handle the stress, your adrenals can get stuck in “stress mode” and produce too much OR too little cortisol and adrenaline, or produce them at the wrong time of day or night. The longer your adrenals stay in “stress mode,” the more symptoms you are likely to develop, and the more difficult it can be to recover without guidance from a health professional.
What are the symptoms of adrenal distress?
Adrenal distress is often responsible for a range of negative health symptoms, including:
- Poor sleep; waking unrested
- Exhaustion; needing naps during the day
- Frequent colds and flu
- Memory loss; brain fog
- Painful joints; frequent injuries
- Migraines and headaches
- Dizziness; weakness
- Blood sugar fluctuations
- Mood issues; depression; anxiety
- Allergies; autoimmunity; cancer
- Digestive issues
- Skin issues, such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, etc.
- Menstrual and fertility issues, such as PCOS, PMS, PMDD, peri-menopausal symptoms
- Cervical dysplasia, Lyme, Epstein Barr, and other chronic infections
- Autoimmunity, neurodegeneration, dementia, diabetes, and heart disease
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
When your adrenals are severly impaired, you are more likely to experience more than one of these symptoms. Because these symptoms often seem to be unrelated, people may not suspect they are arising from the same root cause.
Is this the same as “adrenal fatigue” or “adrenal burnout?”
Yes and no. These days, “adrenal fatigue” or “adrenal burnout” have become catch-all phrases to describe any kind of adrenal problem. But these terms can be misleading, as they imply that your adrenals are under-producing cortisol and/or adrenaline. Adrenal problems can also arise when your body produces too much of these substances. For this reason, Dr. Doni prefers to use the terms “adrenal imbalance” or “adrenal distress.”
Why hasn’t my doctor suggested I might have an adrenal problem?
Although scientists have been researching and writing papers on adrenal health for the past century, surprisingly few doctors ever mention “adrenals” to their patients or suggest that their symptoms might be adrenal-related. Instead, they tend to prescribe medications for the various symptoms. While these medications may stop the symptoms temporarily, they don’t address the underlying cause and can sometimes increase the severity of the adrenal imbalance.
The doctors who do check your cortisol levels may only test them in the morning (when we know that cortisol levels vary throughout the day). While this kind of test might help identify the severe conditions such as Addison’s disease or Cushing Syndrome (when your adrenals are severely under- or over-producing cortisol), it is insufficient for patients whose adrenals are still functioning but not performing as they should.
What makes Dr. Doni’s approach different?
Good adrenal health depends on having a normal “adrenal curve,” where your cortisol levels are highest in the morning when you wake up, and gradually decrease throughout the day until they are lowest at night when you want to go to sleep. To obtain an accurate picture of your adrenal curve, Dr. Doni checks your cortisol four times within a single day (morning, midday, evening, and bedtime). This is done with either a saliva or urine collection. She also checks your adrenaline levels.
Dr. Doni knows that cortisol affects our digestive, immune, endocrine (hormones), andnervous systemsand finds that it is essential to address these systems for a full adrenal recovery.
To get a clear picture of stress has affected these systems, Dr. Doni will ask you do a food sensitivities panel (to identify possible digestive issues, such as leaky gut), blood work (to identify blood sugar, hemoglobin, immune system, hormones, thyroid, etc.), and a urine panel to measure your levels of adrenaline and neurotransmitters (to see what is going on in your nervous system).
Once you have a clear picture of what is going on in your body, Dr. Doni will work closely with you to address your adrenal issues through diet, nutrients, herbs, and lifestyle changes, so your body can heal itself – naturally and without medications. Because good adrenal function is so integral to your overall wellness, you will start to feel healthier and more resilient to stress in the future.
Why choose a program?
There are several advantages to choosing one of Dr. Doni’s consultation programs:
- You will be entitled to a 10% discount on ANY supplements purchased from DrDoniStore.com for the duration of your program.
- You will have access to a private Facebook group, where you can ask questions (and get answers!) about your health issue(s), share experiences with other patients, and take advantage of special “members only” discounts on health supplements for the duration of your package.
- You will receive a free paperback copy of Dr. Doni’s book The Stress Remedy (value $25).
- You will receive the Stress Remedy Program daily health tips by email for 21 days, including the 21-day meal plan and recipes (value $97).
- Best of all, patients who choose a program tend to stick to their health regimen more faithfully, thus increasing their chances for better results.
What is included in this adrenal recovery program?
In this program, the following panels are included*:
- 4-timed salivary or urinary cortisol panel
- Urinary neurotransmitter panel (serotonin, GABA, adrenaline, etc.)
- IgG and IgA food sensitivities panel for 96 foods
Some additional blood work may also be required (e.g. metabolic panel, thyroid, etc.), which can be done either through your doctor or through Dr. Doni’s office.
* If you have recently done this panel, ask your doctor to send the results to Dr. Doni’s office, and the price of your program will be adjusted accordingly.
You will have SEVEN private consultations with Dr. Doni (more can be added).
- ONE comprehensive 60-minute consultation to discuss your health issues and individualize your plan.
- ONE extended 45-minute consultation to go through the results of your health panels and give recommendations.
- THREE regular 30-minute consultations to assess progress, adjust regimen and address any other issues.
- TWO brief 15-minute consultations to create an ongoing maintenance plan and discuss any other issues.
We recommend scheduling well in advance to ensure availability at your preferred time.
KINDLY NOTE: All consultations must be completed within 6 months. Additional consultations may be added as needed.
SUPPLEMENTS and NUTRIENTS
While this package does not include supplements, it entitles you to a 10% discount on ANY supplements you purchase from DrDoniStore.com during your six months of work together.
You will have access to a private Facebook group, where you can ask questions (and get answers!) about your health issues and treatment program, share experiences with other patients, and take advantage of special offers on health supplements, available only to members of the group.
As part of your package, you will also receive:
- A summarized list of foods for you to avoid, based on your results
- A paperback copy of Dr. Doni’s book The Stress Remedy (retail value $25)
- Three weeks’ worth of daily “Stress Remedy” health tips (via email) to support you with any diet and health changes you make during your program (retail value $97)
Common Questions About the Adrenal Recovery Program
Do I need to come to your office?
It is optional to meet in person in one of Dr. Doni’s offices. Dr. Doni is also available to meet “virtually” (on phone or video call), especially if you live far away.
How much does this program cost?
The total cost of this program is $2,949. You may opt to pay in two installments: $2,000 upon your first visit, and the balance of $1049 one month later (additional $100).
How do I get started?
Your application will be reviewed. Dr. Doni’s office will let you know if you are a good fit to meet with Dr. Doni and the next available appointment to get started.
If you prefer to move things along faster, meet with Dr. Doni sooner, and get to feeling better as soon as possible, you may want to choose our “Fast Track” program. Please reach out to let us know – [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you!
About Dr. Doni Wilson, Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Doni Wilson, N.D. is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, natural health expert, nutritionist and midwife. She specializes in gluten sensitivity, intestinal permeability, adrenal stress, insulin resistance, neurotransmitter imbalances, hypothyroidism, women’s health issues, autoimmunity and genetic variations called “SNPs”, which can have a profound impact upon your health.
For nearly 20 years, she has helped women, men and children overcome their most perplexing health challenges and achieve their wellness goals by crafting individualized strategies that address the whole body and the underlying causes of health issues.
Dr. Doni is the bestselling author of The Stress Remedy: Master Your Body’s Synergy & Optimize Your Health, Stress Remedies: How to Reduce Stress and Boost Your Health in Just 15 Minutes a Day, Stress Warrior, and The Natural Insomnia Solution.
Her professional affiliations…
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (past board member)
- New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians (president and executive director 2003 – 2013)
- American Association of Naturopathic Midwives (past board member)
- Connecticut Naturopathic Physicians Association
- Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine
Wondering if this package is right for you? Email us with your questions and a trained member of our support staff will be happy to help guide you.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Dr. Doni’s naturopathic approach is not intended to replace your regular medical care, nor is the information provided intended to diagnose disease. Rather, it is intended to support and enhance any medical treatment you may already be undergoing, or fill in the gaps that might be missing in your regular treatment regime. All testing and treatments are processed in our Connecticut office at 30 Myano Lane, Suite 26, Stamford, CT, 06902.