Whether you like it or not, stress is a part of life. But it doesn’t need to overcome you.
In today’s episode, Dr. Fox speaks to Dr. Doni Wilson, a talented naturopathic doctor, professional midwife, and clinical nutritionist.
You’ll learn that stress is largely underestimated in the body and can have drastic consequences.
By hearing the symptoms of stress, you’ll know if you need to add some self-care to your plate and will also discover how stress might impact your fertility levels.
Stress is something that you can recover from, and this episode will help you know where to start!
Key Topics and Takeaways:
- How to prioritize self-care and put it into practice.
- Why health and routine changes should be incremental.
- What to do if you are overwhelmed with stress.
- Understanding how your unique body responds to stress.
- Releasing stress can help you change the immune system and turn off auto-immunity.
- Addressing sugar and inflammatory foods and the importance of proper sleep.
- “If we have too much stress and not enough support, labor also comes to a standstill.” (3:34 , Dr. Wilson)
- “Habitual stress is the devil, if you will, to reproductive optimal fertile health.” (5:59 , Dr. Fox)
- “The immune system is changeable.” (25:41 , Dr. Wilson)
- “Depending upon one’s level of sensitivity, as little as one exposure can create up to eight weeks of inflammation.” (31:27 , Dr. Fox)
- “We don’t come with an instruction manual. We have to listen to our bodies and figure it out.” (35:44 , Dr. Wilson)
- “Having this foundation of self-care means that anything we do in addition only needs a little bit of an effort, a little tweak, because everything else is working smoothly together.” (42:43 , Dr. Wilson)
There IS a way to address this NOW so to ensure your fertile future – and I don’t mean simply freezing your eggs! FUNdamentally Fertile highlights experts in the field of fertile health to give you need-to-know info on how not to be a statistic. Our goal is to put the FUN in fundamentals of fertile health and put the power back in your hands to realize your dreams of family when you’re ready.
Join Dr. Susan Fox, fertility health coach practicing in San Francisco Bay Area, as she interviews experts on fertility in Eastern and Western Medicine, nutrition and relationship health, and women and couples who have been in the trenches as they share their stories, including the “if only I knew” aspects.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.