Perhaps you’ve heard of the gut-brain axis – the essential and often disregarded connection and communication between our nervous system and our digestion.
Well, in the case of this interview with Dr. Peter Kozlowski, functional M.D. and author of Unfunc Your Gut, we discuss the gut-brain axis and even more deeply, we talk about how emotional trauma affects gut health.
Dr. Peter shares his personal story with emotional stress and how healing from alcoholism allowed him to be more open and loving to himself, and open to other medical approaches. That is how he came to complete training as a functional practitioner, during his medical residency, which was a rare opportunity that changed the trajectory of his career.
Subsequently, he learned from experts in the functional medicine field, including why it is so important to heal the gut.
In this episode we talk about:
- The gut-brain connection
- The vagal nerve
- Common symptoms that show your gut-brain axis needs attention
- What is leaky gut and how to heal it
- Is a food elimination diet worth doing
- When a food sensitivity test is indicated, and which to choose
- Understanding the gut microbiome and how to address it
We also covered started tips to help you get your digestion back on track. Amazingly, the simplest things can make a big difference when it comes to digesting better and absorbing important nutrients.
In addition to Dr. Peter’s insightful explanations, you’ll also hear about my experience as a naturopathic doctor helping patients with digestion distress, leaky gut, food sensitivities and stress-related health concerns over the past 21 years.
If you’ve struggled with heartburn, nausea, bloating, and/or abdominal pain, you’ll definitely want to listen to this episode. And if you have a feeling that stress, whether recent or from your past, could be negatively affecting your digestion, this episode is going to give you so many answers.
Listen in and feel free to share this episode with others who may be struggling with digestive issues.
Below you can find information about my books, blog, Stress Remedy 21-day Program and supplement line, all designed to assist with recovery from the effects of stress, including for your digestion.
The food elimination diet I designed is here: https://drdonistore.com/The-Stress-Remedy-21-Day-Program_p_225.html
The food sensitivity panel I have researched and recommend is available here: https://drdonistore.com/IgG-IgA-96–Food-Sensitivity-Home-Testing_p_262.html
Connect with Dr. Peter:
- His new book, “Unfunc Your Gut: A Functional Medicine Guide”: http://doc-koz.com/unfuncyourgut
- Website: doc-koz.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doctorkoz
- Instagram: @doc_koz
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.