Don Gino was chosen to be a shaman at age 15 by his grandfather, who was an elder healer in Peru. He was named “Chaka-Runa,” which means “bridgeman,” based on his ability to connect people to the healing spirits of plants, such as Ayahausca.
In this rare interview with Don Gino, he describes shamanism, healing plants around the world, and the value of going to other realms in order to experience deep healing from past traumas.
We, as humans, tend to get stuck in the patterns and past stress exposures in our lives. We try to block those stresses out, but ultimately they influence our life, our choices and our health.
Plants, and Ayahausca in particular, which Don Gino refers to as “The Queen,” has a gentle and yet effective ability to create profound shifts in perspective, resolution of past experiences, and understanding of oneself.
It works throughout the body, in each cell, to process and release what we have been carrying – emotionally, physically and spiritually. It is an introspective and individual process within a ceremony with music sung and played by a shaman to bring the spirit of the plant to us for healing.
In this episode we talk about:
- What is shamanism?
- What are common reasons people choose to work with a shaman
- What Don Gino has observed as a shaman for over 50 years
- Understanding plant medicines and Ayahuasca specifically
- Importance of working with a shaman who prioritizes safety
- What happens in a ceremony with Ayahuasca
- What is purging
Going “beyond the mind” in order to experience inter-connectedness and one-ness can be life changing.
In that state, we become aware of the spirit of the plant, and everything in nature, including ourselves, which is what many of us have been searching for all along anyway – acceptance of our true selves.
Ayahausca has been studied for numerous health issues, including for depression, anxiety, addiction, migraines, and cancer, amongst others. I experienced it first-hand, in Peru, in ceremonies with Don Gino, and found it to be unmatched in its ability to resolve stress and create healing.
If you are interested in learning more about Don Gino and the ceremonies he offers in Peru, be sure to visit Chaka-Runa.com. Or reach out to me and I’ll help you determine whether this may be an option for you to consider for your health and in your life.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.