- Include stress remedies in your day—click here to read more.
- Set aside time to eat, so that you can chew and digest well.
- Minimize or avoid gluten in your diet. Click here to find our why.
- Take probiotics consistently. Click here to see one of my favorite products.
- Only take antibiotics when it is absolutely necessary—contact me for help with preventing recurrent infections and healing without antibiotics.
- Choose fermented foods (unless contraindicated for your case)—sauerkraut and kimchi for example.
- Include fiber, such as a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds, in your diet each day. Fiber helps maintain the balance of healthy bacteria.
- Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners because they disrupt the balance of bacteria.
For a more complete view of leaky gut—what is is and what you can do about it, please see Dr. Doni’s Series on Leaky Gut: http://bit.ly/Leaky-Gut-Series.