While I’ve been working with women for over two decades to reverse their HPV, there seems to be renewed attention on the issue like never before. My hope is that with the continued open discussion surrounding HPV – and particularly the connection between HPV and cancer – we can finally overcome the stigma and focus on solutions.
I’ve written about HPV before:
Today, however, I would like to dial into the connection of HPV and cancer, the different approaches between traditional medicine and my protocol, and the emotional toll that comes along with a positive abnormal pap smear or HPV diagnosis.
Let’s start here…
What Is HPV?
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common viral infection that can be transmitted from person to person through sexual contact. However, HPV can also be dormant in the body for years without ever causing issues – and it can go away on its own.
As I’ve discussed in length before, everyone is exposed to HPV, however, it is those that are more susceptible to contracting it that are at danger. Stress makes the body more susceptible to HPV.
HPV can be easily detected through a pap smear that will tell you one of three things:
- Whether there are abnormal cells or not in the first place.
- If those cells are slightly inflamed, known as ASCUS or “atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance.”
- And finally, if the cells are abnormal, the test can tell us to what degree: CIN1, CIN2, CIN3, pre-cancer or cancer. In this case, a biopsy (called a colposcopy) will be done to confirm the diagnosis.
HPV and Cancer
It’s important to remember that though we speak about HPV in relation to women most frequently, men can also contract HPV which can turn into cancer.
HPV has been linked to cancers of the:
Though you can have HPV without symptoms that go away within 1-2 years on average, if HPV causes abnormal cells and goes undiagnosed and/or treated for a prolonged period of time, the cells inside your body could possibly turn into cancer.
Addressing HPV and Pre-Cancerous Cells
There’s a shocking difference in the “toolboxes” of traditional medicine and naturopathic medicine doctors. I’ve heard countless women report that their doctors suggest hysterectomies well in advance of advanced cancer cells being present.
Other conventional HPV treatments are:
- “Watching and Waiting”
- The LEEP Procedure (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- A Cone Biopsy
- A Hysterectomy
Conventional physicians are not trained to use diet, herbs, lifestyle choices and stress recovery to reverse HPV and pre-cancerous cells—but I am.
Ultimately, HPV only causes problems when we are susceptible to the virus. And the cells on the cervix can slough and regrow. So if the cells are not yet cancer, instead of simply cutting and removing parts of the body that could recover, we can support the body to fight off the virus and regrow healthy cells.
An HPV diagnosis gives us a great opportunity to focus on our health and reverse the infection — for good.
* Note: if your pap and/or colposcopy indicates pre-cancer or cancer cells, it is important that you see an oncologist right away. In that case removing the abnormal tissue is essential. It is at the same time essential to support your body to recover (using my protocol below) in order to prevent future issues.
The Dr. Doni Protocol
First, it’s about understanding what is making you susceptible to HPV in the first place. Remember, many of us are exposed to HPV but only certain people have abnormal cells. In my experience, this always goes back to stress from work, life, environmental toxins, and food sensitivities.
Together we work to:
- Reverse leaky gut, which means your body is protecting you from food instead of viruses.
- Address cortisol, which impacts your immune system, increasing your chances of infection.
- Create a customized herb and nutrient plan for you, which can be used orally and vaginally.
- Create a lifestyle that focuses on self-care and your health as a priority.
And I know that self-care can be a tough choice. Especially for women who feel the need to care for others over themselves, making yourself a priority is not a simple task.
But then again, I have to ask, is it really THAT hard… or are we making excuses?
If dietary changes, taking nutrients daily, focusing on a healthy future, and reducing stress can all lead to not only reversing HPV and preventing cancer, but also to empowering yourself to simply live better, isn’t that worth it?
I think so.
Read more about my approach to HPV in this guide – you can download for free!
Breaking the Stigma of HPV
Finally, today I want to also address the stigmas and fears of women with HPV.
I absolutely understand how receiving a positive pap smear result can be scary and overwhelming. Not to mention how the association of “sexually transmitted infections” can be embarrassing. But here’s the thing: you have NOTHING to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
Additionally, because of the limited treatment options of conventional medicine, women often find themselves with difficult decisions to be made:
- How do they best protect their bodies?
- How do they tell their partners without sacrificing relationships?
- Will this hurt their chances of future children?
- Is their life in danger?
- Should they go against the standard medical approach to take a chance on alternative solutions?
If you haven’t accepted it yet, now is the time —->
WE CAN BE EFFECTIVE IN REVERSING YOUR HPV.
In fact, due to the many questions, texts, emails, consultations, and social interest I’ve received lately, I’ve decided to hold a virtual HPV Group Program starting THIS MARCH (2020) to give many women at once (rather than 1:1) my exact protocol for addressing HPV, eliminating it before it becomes a cancer threat, lean on and support one another in an intimate community, and finally get the results you want.
NEGATIVE… on a pap smear, of course.
Sign up for my Reversing HPV Group Session now to get access to my INCREDIBLE TOOLBOX of solutions to stop HPV from becoming cancer AND to reverse and recover from the effects of HPV if you have an abnormal pap smear.
This could be you…
“I got my newest report and was told I am all clear! As you know, I had stage 2 pre-cancer cells on my cervix and HPV. Now I got my newest report and was told I am all clear! No HPV, nothing. Thank you so much!!”
For more information about this group program, please visit https://doctordoni.com/ReverseHPV.
You can also read about working with me one-on-one and schedule a call to review your case with me – I would love to hear from you!
As always, wellness wishes to you!