Stress Magnet Bundle Includes:
- Cortisol Reset Phosphatidylserine(PS) features 150 mg of non-soy, sunflower-sourced PS per capsule.
- Cortisol Reset Ashwagandha is a comprehensive blend of three unique and well-researched forms of ashwagandha extracts that help support a healthy mood and normal response to perceived stress.
- Relax Magnesium Support features the unique, patented, chelated mineral Magtein®, which contains magnesium that is chelated to threonic acid (magnesium L-threonate).
- Be Happy 5HTP Support is a synergistic formula of 5-hydroxytryptophan (50 mg) and vitamin B6 (10 mg) per serving for supporting overall neurotransmitter metabolism by providing precursors of serotonin.
- GABA Support provides calming neurotransmitter support to promote relaxation, positive mood, and restful sleep.* GABA Support contains GABA and l-theanine in a 2:1 ratio, scientifically researched for optimal efficacy.
A Stress Magnet type has elevated cortisol and/or adrenaline part of the day, or all day. Cortisol and adrenaline are our stress hormones.
This is caused by exposure to recurrent or chronic stress. The stress response system (called the HPA axis) is not turning off, as it should, and your adrenal glands are being continually signaled to make more cortisol and adrenaline at certain times of day, or all day long. Meanwhile your body may be metabolizing adrenaline more slowly, resulting in a high level.
Stress Magnet Bundle Treatment:
Not to worry, though. Now that we know your HPA axis needs a reset, we can use natural substances that are known to signal a reset to the receptors that trigger the stress response. These substances are non-addictive and have no known side effects. Of course, if you are allergic to these substances, you’ll need to choose a different option.
- Considered a nutrient and essential to the human nervous system.
- Amino acid derived substance that is fat soluble and is part of cell membranes, particularly in nerve cells.
- Flips the stress response switch off by signaling to the receptors in the hypothalamus.
- Dosage: 750 mg to 1500 mg taken at the time of day when your cortisol is too high.
- It’s an herb, often used in India, and known (in studies) to reduce cortisol levels that are too high.
- Dosage: 250 mg to 600 mg per day taken at the time of day when your cortisol is too high.
- Magnesium and the Threonate form in particular, is a mineral and essential cofactor for the metabolism of adrenaline (and many other metabolic pathways in the body), also known as norepinephrine and epinephrine.
- Magnesium deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies that slows down the COMT enzyme metabolism, leaving higher adrenaline levels.
- Dosage: 200 and 500 mg per day.
In addition to addressing cortisol and adrenaline, consistent with the Stress Recovery Protocol, Dr. Doni has found that it is essential to also support the calming (inhibitory) neurotransmitters, GABA and Serotonin.
These neurotransmitters are often depleted by stress exposure, and when we don’t have enough, it leaves us vulnerable to experiencing the effects of stress, including elevated cortisol and adrenaline.
To truly recover and get ahead of stress, it is important to ensure adequate calming neurotransmitters, which can be done using a clinical nutrition protocol known as amino acid therapy. Amino acids are the metabolic building blocks of protein.
We access amino acids via protein in our diet which are transformed into neurotransmitters in the human digestive tract. When the diet is low in protein, and the digestion and microbiome are disrupted (often due to stress), we don’t make adequate amounts of these neurotransmitters to keep up with our stress exposure.
These are the natural substances we can take as part of the Stress Recovery Protocol:
#4 5HTP (5-Hydrodroxytryptophan)
- It’s used as a precursor to serotonin.
- Dosage: 50 mg to 200 mg per day, taken with food to start, and often preferred to take at bedtime.
- If you are taking an SSRI or SNRI or other psychotropic medicine, it is important to work with a clinical nutritionist who understands the use of amino acids with medications.
- This amino acid, and GABA itself can be used to support GABA levels.
- Dosage: 100 mg to 600 mg of L-Theanine per day, and 200 mg to 600 mg of GABA, spread out through the day.
Meanwhile, it’s important to work on healing the gut to improve the body’s ability to make GABA and serotonin going forward.
Stress Magnet Bundle Recommendations
- Whenever beginning to take supplements – whether nutrients, herbs, or other substances – it is important to start one at a time and at a low dose so that you can observe how your body responds.
- If you notice any new symptoms, such as a rash or headache, stop taking the new substance and talk with your naturopathic doctor or functional medicine practitioner to help guide you.
- Once you have a sense that a substance is okay for you, you can add the next, and then the goal is to fine-tune your doses based on your individual needs.
- Doni encourages you to use your SelfC.A.R.E. Notebook to track your 5 body signals – energy, mood, sleep, focus, and body – each day and optimize your doses.