I find that balancing blood sugar is one of the best first steps to
healing most every health issue, including anxiety, fatigue, weight
gain, high cholesterol, menstrual irregularities and digestive issues.
Even when standard blood tests show that your blood sugar is normal, I think
you will find that efforts to minimize the fluctuations in glucose
throughout the day will help you to feel better.
7 Tips for balancing your blood sugar:
- Eat every 2 to 4 hours from the time you wake until 2 hours before sleep.
- Include protein every time you eat, along with healthy fats and complex carbs
- Have easy to eat foods available that contain protein. Examples include:
protein shake, protein bar, nuts, sunflower seeds, and nut butter.
- Choose a variety of complex carbohydrates (vegetables, brown rice, quinoa), which are high in fiber.
- Have half-sized meals each time you eat. Sample meal: 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup steamed broccoli with 3 ounces fish/chicken/turkey.
- Try to eat right when you start to feel your blood sugar dropping instead of waiting until it is really low.
- When your blood sugar is low avoid eating something high in sugar, which may
raise your blood sugar too much. Choose a snack as described above
What do you find helps keep your blood sugar balanced?