Dr. Doni was interviewed by Certified Life and Dating Coach Sandy Weiner in Episode 542 of the Last First Date Radio Podcast. You can listen to the episode here or in your favorite pod player.
When you master your stress, you’ll improve all your relationships — especially the one with yourself. Listen to this episode to learn how.
In this Episode of the Last First Date Radio:
- How do you figure out what kind of unique stress type you are and how that affects your day-to-day life and relationships?
- What are some tips and tricks on how to calm your – and your partner’s – specific stress types?
- How can someone personalize your science backed C.A.R.E. program and include their partner so they can get the benefits, too?
- Why do simple activities like more frequent hugging and sex promote stress recovery?
- What are some health-boosting recipes couples can make together for date night or a lazy morning in?
Episode Show Notes:
How do you figure out what kind of unique stress type you are and how that affects your day-to-day life and relationships?
We all experience stress. The goal is not to be stress-free. We can help ourselves recover from past trauma and stress in our lives.
Stress comes in many forms, both environmental and psycho-social stress. What have you been exposed to? Support yourself to recover.
To figure out our unique stress type, look at your cortisol levels and adrenaline levels. We want to have an optimal level of both, because they help us respond to stress, digest, and repair our immune system.
I test and analyze the levels of cortisol and adrenaline in patients. What we want to know is what your levels are throughout the day using saliva or urine samples. The treatment is different depending on your levels.
Take the quiz to find out your stress type. Link below.
What are some tips and tricks on how to calm your – and your partner’s – specific stress types?
There are some simple things to do. If you know you feel stressed, you can take a few deep breaths. You can speak to your partner about what might trigger a stressful response.
You can be in nature, sing, dance to destress.
How can someone personalize your science backed C.A.R.E. program and include their partner so they can get the benefits, too?
Implement my SelfC.A.R.E. program:
C for Clean eating
A for Adequate sleep
R for Recovery activities
E for Exercise
Each person’s self-care is unique. Figure out what YOU like to do. Take some time to tap into yourself and what you want and need, what would be healing for you.
Why do simple activities like more frequent hugging and sex promote stress recovery?
They raise oxytocin, which reduces stress.
What are some health-boosting recipes couples can make together for date night or a lazy morning in?
We want to choose foods with nutrients and without stress. Dairy, gluten, and sugar are inflammatory and throw off our blood levels. Choose foods with healthy fats and carbs.
One of my go-tos is a protein shake. I use a pea-based protein and add flaxseed oil, and elderberry liquid which makes it a perfect meal to start my day.
I like to keep healthy foods in my fridge: wild salmon, chicken, arugula, olives and avocados for a healthy salad.
What are your final words of advice for anyone who wants to go on their last first date?
Take small steps. Small changes integrate and lead to bigger changes as you go. Don’t expect perfection. Take the 7-Day Self C.A.R.E. Stress Reset to establish your own self-care routine and manage your stress.
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/DoniWilsonND
- Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www (Weekly Wellness Wisdom)
- Podcast: https://doctordoni.com/podcast (How Humans Heal)
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Stress Type Quiz: Assess your adrenal function
- Dr. Doni’s Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Dr. Doni’s Facebook Group: Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
- FREE Masterclasses with Dr. Doni
- FREE Guides from Dr. Doni
- 14-Day Detox Program: You can start this transformation program anytime
- Say Goodbye to HPV (12-week Program): Begin the journey to freedom from HPV today!
- If you’d like to meet with Dr. Doni one-on-one for your health, request a Health Breakthrough Session: https://doctordoni.com/breakthrough
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.