Hormone imbalances, fertility issues, and autoimmunity are more and more common. In this conversation with Shannon Miller, a Holistic Hormone Practitioner @3leafhealth, she and I explore the reasons why and what we have each found helpful for returning to balance.
First of all, as Shannon says, “the biggest resource we have is our own body. We know our body better than anybody else, even a doctor. Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not feeling what you feel.”
By knowing your body and listening to it, you’ll be better able to respond and navigate from hormone imbalances or autoimmunity, back to health. For example, pain is a signal from your body that something is wrong. From there you can ask “What is my body asking for?” The more aware we are, we can respond more quickly to give our bodies what they need.
We, however, tend to be distracted from ourselves and our bodies. It can help to remember that our body is trying to keep us alive.
From her experience having an eating disorder for 10 years, Shannon shares how she felt at war with her body. Then she realized that her body was trying to protect her. Once she figured out what her body was trying to protect her from, she was about to make changes that changed her health and life.
Having recovered from the eating disorder and conceiving a pregnancy when a doctor told her it wasn’t possible, Shannon shares how she now thinks about food choices, without stressing herself more.
Here are a few of her tips:
- Don’t think of foods as “good” or “bad”
- Choose foods that have the effect we want on our bodies
- Aim for balance instead of rigidity with ourselves.
- Nourish your body and your soul
- Be in tune with your body
Shannon and I agree that it’s when we are stressed and disconnected from our bodies and selves, that health issues develop. Our body is trying to tell us it needs attention and stress recovery.
For example, not ovulating is often due to stress. We need ovulation for getting pregnant and also for hormone balance and improved health.
To shift that pattern, our bodies need to feel safe. That comes with consistency and taking care of yourself over time.
Keep in mind that shifts back to balance don’t tend to happen overnight. It’s tempting to chase the quick fix, but it’s not a reality.
Give yourself time and let it be a healing journey. We are here to support you along the way.
Listen in and learn more from Shannon Miller at https://3leafhealth.com
Connect with Dr. Doni:
- Facebook https://facebook.com/drdoniwilson
- Instagram https://instagram.com/drdoniwilson
- YouTube https://youtube.com/user/DoniWilsonND
- Weekly Wellness Wisdom Newsletter: https://doctordoni.com/www
More Resources from Dr. Doni:
- Start with Dr. Doni’s Stress Quiz:
- Latest Book: Master Your Stress, Reset Your Health
- Stress Warrior Book
- Stress Warrior Stress Resiliency Group (FREE)
- 7-day SelfC.A.R.E Stress Reset
- HPV Recovery Guide (FREE)
- If you’d like to meet with Dr. Doni one-on-one for your health, request a Health Breakthrough Session: https://doctordoni.com/breakthrough
- To get an idea of more comprehensive options, read about Dr. Doni’s Signature Consultation Programs: https://doctordoni.com/services
Disclaimer: This specific article and all other Content, Products, and Services of this Website are NOT intended as, and must not be understood or construed as, medical care or advice, naturopathic medical care or advice, the practice of medicine, or the practice of counseling care, nor can it be understood or construed as providing any form of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.