Then I added in nutrient dense, organic ingredients with a healthful purpose (rolled oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, local honey, ground flaxseeds, cinnamon, ginger and, if you like, nuts and seeds). Almond flour is my flour of choice because of the high protein content, which rounds out the nutrient content of each cookie.
Throw in your favorite healthy sweet treat (gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips and/or raisins) and your taste buds will soar. For those who need to avoid fructose, just swap out the honey for stevia and skip the raisins. Overall, for those seeking a New Year’s way of eating, while recognizing that denying yourself tasty treats isn’t a long term solution, this recipe is perfect!
Dr. Doni’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Kitchen Sink Health Cookies
1¼ cup gluten-free oats
1¼ cup almond flour (Honeyville Farms)
¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup honey
½ cup water and 2 Tb ground flax seeds (or 2 eggs)
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup nuts of choice
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Combine liquid ingredients, except egg replacer (flaxseeds and water).
3. Mix dry and liquid ingredients together.
4. Prepare flaxseeds as egg replacer by mixing ground flaxseeds into water; let sit for 2-3 minutes; then stir in with other ingredients.
5. Add chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
6. Place 1-inch scoops of cookie dough on un-greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly browned.
8. Cool and enjoy.